Students and Young Geologists: Free Career Support
Join PCPG on April 20th between 12:00 and 1:30 pm to have a Career Question and Answer Session designed just for you. A panel of leading geologists from across the state will answer your questions and provide their experience to help guide your transition from school to professional work or to “erupt” careers for young GITs and professionals.
Our panel of leading experts represent a diverse sampling of geoscience backgrounds including oil/gas, environmental, and regulatory/government and will answer your questions and provide insights to their experiences in both education and their transfer into professional work, and some of their experiences (good and bad) along the way--all to help guide you to a successful career.
• What will help me get a good geoscience job?• How do I take my job to the next level?
• What opportunities are there for GITs?
• What “soft skills” will help improve my career?
• What salaries and job potential can I expect?
• Should I get my graduate degree now or get a job first?
Our panel is ready to answer all of these questions and more at our Student and Young Professional Virtual Session.
• Kristin M. Carter, P.G., C.P.G., Assistant State Geologist (Pennsylvania Geological Survey)
• David Crotsley, P.G., Senior Geologist (HDR Engineering, Inc.)
• Emily V. Glick, P.G., Senior Hydrogeologist (Tetra Tech, Inc.)
• Tom Wagner, P.G., C.P.G., Geologist (Cabot Oil and Gas)
Moderator:Vincent Carbone, P.G., Professional Associate (HDR Engineering, Inc.)
Flash Flash Flash: Submit your questions ahead of time to ensure we cover any unique situations or questions.
This program only benefits those who are engaged, we will start the conversation but be prepared to come with questions. The more you put into the session for your needs the more you will get out of it!
Please read: After registering on our site you'll receive a PCPG confirmation email indicating Action Required in the subject line. Your registration is not complete until you click through the unique link in that email directing you to the GoToWebinar web site, where you'll enter your name, email address, consent to terms and conditions, and click the Register button. Check your spam filter if you do not see the PCPG 'Action Required' mail within 60 seconds of registering, here.
A post-webinar recording will not be available.
Our usual and customary cancellation policy applies and cancellation must be requested five business days prior to webinar date. Refund will not be made for a missed webinar.