Recorded April 20, 2021
A panel of leading geologists from across the state met on April 20, 2021, for a live webinar session to provide their experience to help guide your transition from school to professional work or to “erupt” careers for young GITs and professionals.
Our panel of leading experts represent a diverse sampling of geoscience backgrounds including oil/gas, environmental, and regulatory/government answered attendee questions and provided insights to their experiences in both education and their transfer into professional work, and some of their experiences (good and bad) along the way--all to help guide you to a successful career.
• What will help me get a good geoscience job?
• How do I take my job to the next level?
• What opportunities are there for GITs?
• What “soft skills” will help improve my career?
• What salaries and job potential can I expect?
• Should I get my graduate degree now or get a job first?
• Kristin M. Carter, P.G., C.P.G., Assistant State Geologist (Pennsylvania Geological Survey)
• David Crotsley, P.G., Senior Geologist (HDR Engineering, Inc.)
• Emily V. Glick, P.G., Senior Hydrogeologist (Tetra Tech, Inc.)
• Tom Wagner, P.G., C.P.G., Geologist (Cabot Oil and Gas)
Vincent Carbone, P.G., Professional Associate (HDR Engineering, Inc.)